Day 3 (June 6, 2010)

Rawlins, Wy to Green River, Ut
First I have to mention my wife Renee has been a trooper on this trip, it is her first long ride of over 400 miles and she has hung in there for 2 really long days.  We did discover that her trike will need to have some modifications done to run harder.  It starves for air in the higher elevations so I will fix that during the winter down time.
415 miles on the odometer for this leg of the journey.
Left Rawlins, WY heading west on I-90 slowed by construction for almost 40 miles.
Intended on taking a route along the west side of the Flaming Gorge, decided to take the eastern route on highway 191.  This was an excellent route with plenty of sweepers and tight switchbacks the entire way to Vernal, UT and on to Green River, UT.
We just missed a frog strangling thunderstorm coming into Green River, UT, I was disappointed we could have used the cooling off.
Great scenery although I was way too busy riding to take too many pictures but here is what I have.


View Larger Map

 Wyoming I-80
 Flaming Gorge
 Flaming Gorge
 101 Degrees in Vernal, UT
 Storm clouds outside Green River, UT


No comments:

Post a Comment